Data Science Certificate Program
Categories: Business Applications
Launch an exciting career in data science
Working with industry experts, our Data Science Certificate is a comprehensive curriculum, focused on Python software, working with big data, and visualizing and modeling the results.
Launch an exciting career in data science
Working with industry experts, our Data Science Certificate is a comprehensive curriculum, focused on Python basics, working with big data, and visualizing and modeling the results.
Data Science careers are exploding. Get started today.
Data Science Skills
Data science is a growing field that requires a new set of software tools and skills. It is a combination of advanced data analysis, critical thinking, and creative problem solving.
Programs at DWC also include a Capstone project option for additional one-on-one portfolio building opportunities.
What Skills Will You Learn?
click to learn more
- 96 in-class hours are required to complete this certificate program
- Additional hours outside of class will also be assigned.
Speak to a student advisor to receive a training plan with a customized program schedule.
Why Digital Workshop Center?
Start Your New Career Today With $0 Upfront
Ignite Income Share Agreement
Pay your Data Science Certificate tuition through an income share. You pay nothing until after you graduate and find a job.
DWC Payment Plans
No interest and no monthly fees. 12, 18, or 24-month plans available. $75 one-time administrative fee applicable to all payment plans.
$352/mo (24 months)
$469/mo (18 months)
$704/mo (12 months)
Full Tuition (with package discount)
Pay your full program tuition upfront and recieve an additional
$200 package discount.
when you pay in full upfront
For U.S. Veterans and their families, DWC programs are eligible for GI Bill education benefit funding.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Learn to code with Python software
- Organize and clean up the data
- Identify key features within the data (descriptive statistics)
- Plot data and write functions to perform basic tasks
- Use a basic linear regression model
- Apply data analysis for business purposes (predictive statistics)
- Know practical usage of statistics in business
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Create automated reports
- Problem solving with programming
- Understand basics of optimization
- Understand basics of Machine Learning
- Design a real-world data science project with one-on-one help from a mentor
- One-on-one job search and resume writing assistance with a career coach
Pre-Class Assignments (Required)
Prior to the start of class, each student is required to:
- Get familiar with: https://colab.research.google.
- Complete the free Datacamp online skills assessment at https://www.datacamp.com/
signal and take a screenshot of your assessment results.
- Score at least 10 correct on: https://pynative.com/basic-
- Be able to complete this and send a link of the completed version to firstname.lastname@example.org: https://colab.research.google.
com/drive/ 10JF18AOJM7itXpc9DFsbP7jvvVO0V UgB?usp=sharing (Note: If you do not already have one, please create a Google account for this class)
Getting Started: Useful Resources
To review statistics concepts, you can watch the following statistics videos by StatQuest with Josh Starmer:
- Histograms, Clearly Explained
- What is a statistical distribution?
- Population Parameters
- The Mean, Variance and Standard Deviation
- Install and Setup for Mac and Windows
- Strings – Working with Textual Data
- Integers and Floats – Working with Numeric Data
- Lists, Tuples, and Sets
- Dictionaries – Working with Key-Value Pairs
- Conditionals and Booleans – If, Else, and Elif Statements
- Loops and Iterations – For/While Loops
- Import Modules and Exploring The Standard Library
If you have any questions on pre-class assignments, please contact DWC administrative staff for help.
When can I start?
DWC classes are scheduled on a rolling enrollment system with flexible scheduling options. Each student needs to choose the schedule that best fits your availability.
Public, group classes in the certificate programs are offered approximately every 6-8 weeks. Students are able to start with any Level 1 class within the program list as long as prerequisites are met.
- Microsoft Excel Level 2 and Microsoft Excel PivotTables and PivotCharts, or equivalent knowledge.
- Students entering this program should have knowledge of basic programming concepts such as variables, functions, and data types.
- It is recommended, but not required, to have experience with applications of programming in a business environment.
- (Important: See below for Pre-Class Assignments required before first class session)
How Long Is This Program?
Each certificate program allows one year to be completed, but, depending on your pace of learning and skill level, you may move as fast or as slow as you like within that time frame. DWC works on a rolling enrollment system and provides flexible scheduling options so you can choose the classes that best fit your life.
At DWC, each Certificate Program is comprised of many stand-alone classes and a Capstone project. Once you have completed all the necessary course work, you will earn your certificate.
This certificate program also includes:
- Class materials
- Free access to CoWorking space on class days (FC Only)
- One month of technical support & mentoring
- Certificate of Completion
At the end of your program, career coaching including one-on-one job search and resume writing workshops are available.
What Career Services Do You Offer?
Available Public Classes
Streaming Live Online
Space Available(Online): 16 seat(s)
Course Closing Date: 10-31-2020
Instructor(s): Scott Stoltzman
Available Private Training
Digital Workshop Center offers each class in a private, one-on-one format. Private training may be scheduled around your availability and customized to your specific needs.
Consulting allows you to work one on one with your instructor, but does not follow a class curriculum.
If the public class schedule above is not ideal, please choose from the following options: